Business & Tourism Educators Articulation & ConferenceEnvironmental Session 4
Whistler Blackcomb’s Climate Change and Resource Efficiency Strategy
A case study on how a Ski company is proactive to climate change. The session will provide an overview of Whistler Blackcomb’s strategic response to climate change. Expect to walk away with a practically demonstrated framework which could apply to any business. Provides students with insights on how such a macro–global issue can be tackled at the micro-organizational level. [Presentation]
Arthur De Jong
BBA, Simon Fraser University
Mountain Planning and Environmental Resource Manager
MOUNTAIN RESORT PROFESSIONAL
Established Leader in Sustainable Development and Resort Operations.
- Mountain Resort Professional with over 35 years of leadership experience in sustainable development and mountain resort operations. Developed, from inception, present management position and department.
- As Planning & Environmental Resource Manager, directly responsible for Whistler Blackcomb’s transition to industry leader in sustainable resort operations.
- Spearheaded initiatives and implemented programs which have awarded Whistler Blackcomb over 30 national and international awards for its environmental and social performance. Whistler Blackcomb is considered one of the world’s most sustainable resorts, as well as, one of Canada’s Greenest Employers.
- As Mountain Operations Manager, led day-to- day operations of Blackcomb Mountain and a service culture of over 1000 staff, including guest relations, safety, lift operations, grooming and snowmaking.
- As a Certified Emergency Medical Technician, held all related management roles regarding mountain resort safety, including patient care, avalanche control, crisis media relations, risk management and litigation.